A Nurse’s Guide to Caring for Cardiac Intervention Patients PDF
|Author||Eileen O’Grady RN Dip HE BSc (Hons)|
|File size||5.9 MB|
|Category||Cardiovascular,Free Medical Books,Nursing|
Download the Book
Cardiac intervention is a fast expanding field of medicine that is reducing the need for cardiac surgery. A Nurse’s Guide to Caring for Cardiac Intervention Patients will enable nurses to fully prepare their patients and families for various cardiac intervention procedures.
- Explanations of what the heart condition is and how the procedure may relieve that condition
- Descriptions of what the patient can expect to happen before, during and after the procedure
- What nurses should observe for post procedure, and how to address any complications that may occur
- Guidelines for discharge advice
- Outlines for a pre and post care plan for each procedure – based on the latest research and experience.
Nurses will find the book informative on common interventional procedures, but it is also designed as a tool to be dipped into when caring for patients with more unusual procedures. This practical book includes chapters on: cardiac catheterisation; percutaneous coronary intervention; percutaneous balloon mitral valvuloplasty; removal of femoral sheaths; cardioversion; temporary and permanent pacemakers.