A comprehensive text on respiratory care for neonates, infants, and children, Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care, 4th Edition provides a solid foundationin the assessment and treatment of respiratory care disorders. Clear, full-color coverage emphasizes clinical application of the principles of neonatal/pediatric respiratory care. New to this edition is coverage of the latest advances in clinical practice, a chapter devoted to quality and safety, and summary boxes discussing real-world clinical scenarios. From author Brian Walsh, an experienced educator and respiratory therapist, this text is an excellent study tool for the NBRC’s Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty exam!
- A comprehensive, evidence-based approach covers all of the major topics of respiratory care for neonates, infants, and children, including both theory and application.
- Case studies help you master the more difficult areas of care for neonatal and pediatric disorders.
- Logical, streamlined organization makes it easier for students to master the material and prepare for an entry-level BS degree and the national Neonatal/Pediatric Specialty credentialing exam.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter highlight the “take-aways” by breaking down key content into measurable behaviors, criteria, and conditions.
- Complete test preparation is provided through coverage of all the content in the matrix for the NPS exam.
- NBRC exam-style assessment questions test your comprehension of the material in each chapter.
- Answers to assessment and case study questions are provided on the Evolve companion website.
New Quality and Safety chapter addresses quality care
- New Clinical Highlights boxes discuss realistic scenarios to help you apply your knowledge to clinical practice.
- UPDATED! Over 400 full-color illustrations ― plus clear tables and graphs― make it easier to visualize key concepts.
- New! Key point summary at end of each chapter highlights essential content in a bulleted format.
- New! Glossary provides easy access to key terms and their definitions.
- New! Key terms at the beginning of each chapter highlight important terminology.