E-BOOK DESCRIPTIONAwarded second place in the 2016 AJN ‘Book of the Year Award’ in the Maternal-Child Health category.
Confidently deliver safe, accurate intrapartum care with the expert guidance of Intrapartum Management Modules, 5e . This essential, fully updated edition offers easy-to-follow directions on the full range of intrapartum skills, from admission assessment of the laboring woman and fetus to delivery and postpartum care. Written by top-level intrapartum nurses and educators, this is not only an essential study aid for inpatient obstetric nursing certification; it also offers indispensable orientation support to new practitioners.
Absorb the A to Z of intrapartum nursing science and skills . . .
- NEW and updated content offers the latest evidence-based therapeutic methods , drugs, and technology
- NEW chapter on electronic fetal heart rate monitoring
- Practice strips for monitoring fetal heart rate and contractions
- End-of-module practice/review questions and end-of-book posttests to aid retention and bulletproof exam preparation
- Centers for Disease Control guidelines for safe labor and delivery
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development guidelines for accurate electronic fetal monitoring
Self-paced independent learning manual —step-by-step directions for vital skills, including:
- Physical exam of the laboring woman
- Evaluating contractions
- Meeting the individual and cultural needs of the laboring woman and family
- Identifying the high-risk mother and fetus
- Assessing fetal health
- Managing gestational diabetes
- Determining whether a patient is at risk for domestic violence
- Evaluating fetal lie and presentation
- Breathing and effleurage techniques
- Managing an unexpected delivery