The USMLE Step 2 CS can be a source of stress and anxiety, especially among international medical graduates (IMGs), who often find themselves at a disadvantage because of their non-U.S. training background. First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS is our “cure” for this exam. This book represents a virtual medicine bag of high-yield tools for students and IMGs, including:
– An updated exam preparation guide for the new USMLE Step 2 CS, including proven study and exam strategies for clinical encounters based on the patientcentered interview.
– Expanded guidelines on how to deal with challenging situations, including a range of situations that pose ethical and confidentiality issues.
– Detailed descriptions of high-yield physical exam maneuvers that will win you points without costing time.
– Forty-four full-length practice cases that allow you to simulate the actual Step 2 CS exam, updated to reflect recent exam changes that test your ability to document the patient’s most likely diagnoses and how they are supported by the history and physical exam findings.
– A revised and expanded set of minicases representing common complaints designed to help you rapidly develop a working set of differential diagnoses.
This book would not have been possible without the suggestions and feedback of medical students, IMGs, and faculty members. We invite you to share your thoughts and ideas to help us improve First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS. See How to Contribute, p. xvii.