Anatomy and Disssection Table; How can one forget experience of DH Table in a medical school.
DH Table Crush,Gossips, Movie planning and fun…No medico can forget in their medical school life.
But at the same time Human Anatomy seems to be tough for many medicos.
There is a book BD Chaurasia Human Anatomy divided into Head and neck, Upper limb and lower limb and the other one called “0 book” or general anatomy.
BD Chaurasia is like Bible for Medical school 1st year MBBS, if studied thoroughly it helps lifelong no matter what branch you opt in your PG.
There are four parts of BD Chaurasia of Anatomy and these are as:
- Upper Limb and Thorax
- Head, Neck and Brain
- Lower limb, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Zero book or General anatomy
TIPS TO STUDY AND RETAIN ANATOMY
- DO not go to Dissection hall/ DH without your BD chaurasia book and dissection book (usually Cunningham’s),carry your book always and study which part you are dissecting (be it Head and neck, upper limb or lower limb).
- Learn to practice neat diagrams (although i couldn’t make it :-P)
- Don’t Miss DH/Dissection Hall for parties or fun….
Important Questions in Lower Limb
- Femoral Triangle
- Sciatic Nerve
- Hip joint
- Knee joint
- Popliteal fossa
- Venous drainage of lower limb
Important Questions in Abdomen and Pelvis
- Rectus sheath
- Inguinal canal
- Testis with histology or with descent
- Biliary apparatus
- Pancreas with histology and development
- Suprarenal with histology and development
- Urinary bladder with histology or development
- Uterus with supports
- Prostate gland with histology
- Anal Canal
Hope it helps in your first year MBBS. If you still wants any guidance regarding Medical School Feel free to ask in comments Below.